Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Update from Leeanne Lewis

I just received confirmation from Leeanne of Doug's passing.

"Doug passed away at 11:05 PM, Tuesday, July 27. After he is cremated a memorial service will be held. I'll let you know the details in a few days. Thanks for all your encouragement and concern during this time. Leeanne"

The Offshore Community has lost yet another incredible icon. Doug has taught me many things over the years. As often as time allowed, we would work together in the Dyno room. I'd give a hand here and there with rigging, and many years back I would do all his glass work for him. I enjoyed the times working side by side with him. His ideas seemed endless. The most notable time was when he & I finished the "new design" Cheetah Cat just a few days before the World Championships in Key West, and the boat walked away with the Championship in Stock Class that year. Doug, I will cherish the times we spent. I am sure you are already rigging a one of the largest Skaters for the "BIG GUY" up in the sky.... God Bless You! We will meet again...... You will be missed and not forgotten...

A viewing will be held on Friday night July 30th 7pm to 9pm @

Ely Funeral Home 3316 State Route 33 Neptune, NJ 07753-3441 Phone: (732) 918-6650.
The Memorial Service for Doug will be at 10:00 AM on Saturday August 14th 2004. Details to come...

No comments: